Monday, November 2, 2015

Color


By: Lauren Anderson

The elephant in the room
Evident to all.
Celebrated by some
Disgusted by the rest.

Color.

Color within the respective lines.
No mixing.
No blending.
Whites here.                         The rest there. Step no further!


But

What if       what if
    I step outside those limiting lines?
And befrien--neglect, disdain, up-turned noses
As far as I can see.

You know that I see you.
Your empty threats don't scare me.
I see your fear-filled eyes.
Your desire to live in--within
   the "safe" red tape of what has been
   generations past.

I can't stay here.
I need to keep walking
Head held high
With my brothers and sisters and Lord.

Come join us if you wish
Please,
These are your siblings too, you know.
There are stories to tell, hurts to mend, and celebrating to be done.

But
Try as you might
Nothing will keep me from my brothers and sisters.
Even your arguments cannot not keep me from
Loving, celebrating, and lamenting
With my precious brothers and sisters.
For
My Dad is the King
Of Love and Justice.
Of Love and Justice
I will live.


I need to celebrate my brothers and sisters.
To live and be with them each day

THAT is beloved community.
Don't you see?

To live and be
Audaciously.
All of us and He.

The Holy Great I AM.


No comments: