Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Power of His Resurrection

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection..." Philippians 3:10

As of late I have been thinking more about heaven. What would it be like if everything was perfect?  Not the worldly definition of perfect, but God's definition of perfect.  In trying to practice resurrection, and live out our staff covenant, I've been thinking a lot about what it would be like if everything was resurrected. Philippians 3:10 starts, "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection..."  Think about it, the power that resurrected Christ is in us through his Holy Spirit. The power that resurrected his dead, still body back into heaven, and onto his throne lives in us.

Realizing this has led me many places.

This semester I have been realizing my weaknesses...things that, personally, I cannot see myself ever completely overcoming in this life.  However, understanding that the power of Christ's resurrection lives in me and works with me in my weakness is overwhelming.  This great power meets up with my weakness and completely takes over... so that each time I fall feels like a "mini resurrection."

In the context of community we can unite in this power, joining together to create one whole.
In the context of service we can wholeheartedly give, and realize that even our smallest steps towards justice matter.
In the context of learning we can fully open our hearts to others, the way that Christ did.
and in the context of...well...life, we can see and participate in resurrection and the coming of His Kingdom.

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection..." Philippians 3:10

Blessings,
Kelsey Stark
Communications Coordinator

No comments: